Saudi Arabia foils terror plot on Mecca Grand Mosque

Current News Service (CNS)

Indo-Asian News Service 
Dubai,Jun 24 2017:Security forces in Saudi Arabia thwarted a terror attack on the Mecca Grand Mosque and worshippers there, the country's Interior Ministry has said.

The attack on Friday had been planned by a group stationed at three locations, Khaleej Times reported citing Arab News which quoted the Interior Ministry's statement. 

A security spokesperson said that one of the sites was in the province of Jeddah, and the two others were in Mecca.

The first was in the neighbourhood of Asilah, and the second in Ajyad Al Masafi, located within the perimeter of the central area of the Grand Mosque, the spokesman said.

One site was a three-storey house where the suicide bomber tasked with the crime was stationed. He blew himself up when surrounded by security forces.

The trapped would-be suicide bomber exchanged fire with the security forces, then set off explosives when he was surrounded in a house in a central Mecca neighbourhood, the ministry said.

The United Arab Emirates has strongly condemned the terror crime.

Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, in a statement, condemned the crime in the strongest words, and said the heinous crime shows the level to which the brutality of these terrorists has reached. 

"No sane person can give any justification or explanation for such a crime," the statement said.

For Subscription Contact :

Chief Editor
Current News Service (CNS) Srinagar Kashmir
Office 0194-2455425 - 0194-2485205
Cell - 09419000644
Fax.0194-2459488
www.cnskashmir.com
Emails: cnskashmir@gmail.com , rasheedrahi@gmail.com

Comments are closed

Photo Gallery

Log in | Website Powered by : Telcro Technologies
Login