Srinagar,11 April 2018-CNS:-The Kashmir Chamber of Commerce and Industry is pained by the reports of fresh killing in Kulgam and as per latest reports number of civilians till now have been martyred. The KCC&I without mincing words holds such actions highly condemnable.
The killings could have been avoided had the government stopped their operations which is unfortunately egged on by some of the people outside Kashmir as a form of false nationalism or by the Indian government for their ulterior motives as per some analysts to show their power on Kashmir’s by opting to highest degree of repression.
On one side the CM of the state is pleading before the highest authority of the government of India to get this all stopped and on another side we are getting body bags.
- This is unacceptable .
- Who is answerable for the death of the civilians.
- The use of Pellets guns again has resulted in injuries in eyes which clearly shows that no SOP is being followed.
- All these things are happening while taking refuge to AFSPA and other repressive draconian laws.
- How disturbing is that it is being done in disregard to the suggestions made by the state government.
- War like situation is being created in the state to make political gains needed elsewhere in the country.
- Make all the officers and security people who have failed to follow the SOPS, accountable .
- Start negotiations with the Hurriyat and other stakeholders without any pre-conditions on both sides
Meanwhile,Reacting sharply to the killings of innocent civilians in Kulgam ,the Kashmir Traders and Manufacturers Federation (KTMF) President Haji Mr Mohammad Yasin Khan said Government was silent over the “systematic implementation of some deep rooted conspiracy in Kashmir.”
Khan who also heads Kashmir Economic Alliance (KEA) said in a statement that,“The killing of innocent civilians including a 14 year old boy is a clear cut message that Government is executing systematic mowing down of people of Kashmir as a part of a deep rooted conspiracy,” Khan said adding If our children continue to be unsafe then we can go to any extent. Those at the helm should realize it and refrain from testing our patience anymore. He said “the systematic killing of people of Kashmir needs an immediate end or that this preprogrammed genocide will backlash in the form of a never before agitation the onus of which will on the government and its trigger happy forces.”khan said, “Government was answerable as to why these gruesome murders are allowed and let to enjoy legal impunity.”
Praying for peace to the departed souls, he expressed sympathies with the bereaved.