Home J&K Student protest and subsequent clashes rock South Kashmir’s Pulwama town

Student protest and subsequent clashes rock South Kashmir’s Pulwama town

437
SHARE
File photo

Pulwama: Government Forces resorted to aerial firing and lobbed tear smoke shells to disperse agitated students who were protesting against the murder and rape of Kathua little girl Asifa.

Reports said that a large number of students from Degree College and Boys Higher Secondary School in South Kashmir’s Pulwama town hit to roads and carried out a march among intense sloganeering.

The students including females raised pro-Hizb, pro-Zakir Musa slogans and waved Pak flags outside Police Station Pulwama. Earlier, students waved banners of militants inside the Degree College.

As the government forces prevented them from moving towards main town, the agitated students pelted stones while in retaliation Forces resorted to intense tear gas shelling. Witnesses said as the students didn’t budge, the Forces fired couple of rounds in air, creating panic in the town.

The shopkeepers closed their shops and within minutes the town turned into a battle ground. The clashes were going on till reports last came in.

A student protest is also underway in Kulgam. Earlier over a dozen students mostly females were wounded when Forces fired tear smoke shells to disperse them in South Kashmir’s Anantnag district.