Srinagar, Apr 24,CNS: Jammu and Kashmir government has approved the implementation of 7th pay commission recommendations and the employees will draw revised salaries from the current month.
“As already announced by Govt, the employees to draw revised scales of pay from current month,” said the information department on Twitter “All necessary notifications regarding implementation of 7th Pay Commission Recommendations to be issued by JK Finance Deptt by this evening,” it said.
The 7th Pay Commission recommendations will be implemented retrospectively from January 2016.
Addressing a press conference in Jammu, Finance Minister Altaf Bukhari said that J&K is the first state to implement the recommendations of the seventh pay commission after Centre’s implementation two years ago.
“We don’t have resources but our honourable chief minister has made a committment and we have fulfilled it,” he said.
– 20 percent average increase in monthly salaries
– Five lakh employees to be benefited
– State will bear Rs 4200 core annually and Rs 7500 crore on account of previous arrears
– Committee has been formed to review pay anomalies
– 20000 new posts of teachers and lectures will be filled on academic arrangements
– Employees to provide minimum 40 working hours per week in the offices
– Protesting wireless operators will be reinstated
– Committee formed for KAS promotions