Home J&K Students accuse Principal of ‘forcibly’ getting their hair cut

Students accuse Principal of ‘forcibly’ getting their hair cut

1509
SHARE

Budgam, June 11, CNS: Much annoyance to the students, a Principal here in a Central Kashmir’s Educational Institute set a new precedent by availing the service of a barber and got the hair cut of dozens of those students who were reportedly creating indiscipline in the institute.

The move of the Principal sparked protest while students of Boys Higher Secondary School Budgam amid slogans demanded the removal of Physical teacher and the Principal.

The protesting students who also took out a march from school to DC office alleged  that both Principal and the Physical Teachers not only abused and thrashed them but also torn the uniform of a student.

Reports said that both Principal and the Physical Teacher had issued a warning to students to get their long hair cut and attend the school in proper uniform. “There are some students who are nuisance and are creating indiscipline. Every day they change their hair style and emerge in the institution without uniform,” said a teacher to CNS.

He added that Principal spent Rs 3000 from school fund to get the hair cut of the students.

“Our job is to impart education in a better way and that too in a conducive atmosphere. Those who will create indiscipline will not be spared,” Principal Muhammad Usman said.  (CNS)