Home J&K Army Goodwill School Students Bag Top Medals at World Kickboxing Championship in...

Army Goodwill School Students Bag Top Medals at World Kickboxing Championship in Argentina

126
SHARE

Srinagar, Nov 12, CNS:   History had been scripted by Master Hashim Ashraf and Master Aabid Hamid of Army Goodwill School, Hanzik and Miss Abrou Bashir and Mr Irshad Ahmad Ganie of Army Goodwill School, Bandipora, who bagged top medals in the recently concluded World Kickboxing Championship at Argentina from 05-10 November 2018.

These budding sportspersons from Army Goodwill Schools were part of the team, which represented India at the World Kickboxing Championship. These young talents were spotted by the Army after they joined the Army Goodwill Schools and the Army invested in facilitating these budding sportsperson by encouraging them and providing full support.

Master Aabid had a dream run in the Championship and bagged gold by outperforming his opponents. In the closely contested finals, Master Hashim, Ms Abrou and Mr Irshad Ahmad Ganie bagged Silver medals after losing by slender margins. Master Aabid (15 yrs) and Master Hashim (15 yrs) are students of Class X at Army Goodwill School, Hanzik whereas Ms Abrou Bashir (15 yrs) is a student of Class IX and Mr Irshad Ahmad Ganie (26 yrs), is the sports teacher at Army Goodwill School, Bandipora. They were trained and sponsored by their respective schools for representing India at the World Kickboxing Championship.

The students and the sports teacher have been consistently performing well due to nurturing and support by the Army Goodwill Schools and have brought laurels to the country at International level. Their success is truly inspiring and will go a long way in motivating a number of young boys and girls to take up sports and fulfill their dreams.