Home J&K Separate University for Kargil: Students and Councilors organize rally

Separate University for Kargil: Students and Councilors organize rally

100
SHARE
Kargil, Dec 10, CNS: To project the demand for separate Central University for Ladakh region in Kargil,  Students Educational Movement of Kargil (SEMOK) organized a walkathon with the title ‘Run for Ladakh University’ on Monday.

The walkathon which was flagged off by the Councilor Baroo Constituency of LAHDC Ghulam Mehdi Sheikh from Tourist Facilitation Center Kargil saw in attendance of hundreds of students from ITI Kargil, AMT Nursing School Kargil and other educational Institutions.

The rally after passing through the main road from Baroo to Kargil and Main Bazar Kargil culminated at Lal Chowk Kargil where Councilors of LAHDC Kargil from different constituencies, members of SEMOK and other speakers highlighted their demand of the people in Ladakh region particularly the student community for the establishment of a separate full-fledged university for Ladakh.

The speakers pointed out  that setting up of a separate and full-fledged University in Ladakh region is of utmost importance as there is no single university in the region as of now while as there are 6 universities in Jammu region and 5 in Kashmir Valley.

The speakers also stressed on the need to give preference for the setting up of the University for Ladakh at Kargil keeping into consideration its central location and equidistant position from Srinagar, Leh and Zanskar.

Those who spoke on the occasion included Councilor Baroo Sheikh Ghulam Mehdi, Councillor Shargole Muhammad Ali, nominated Councillor Leela Banoo, President SEMOK Zakir Hussain Zaidi, Vice President SEMOK Shabnam Fatima, former Councilors Aga Syed Razvi and Tsering Angdus, Joint Secretary SEMOK Javed Balkhani and other members.